

One of our scenic routes took us along a fabulous reservoir in Colorado - it seemed to stretch on forever. And it was gorgeous! The road twisted through the bottom of the canyon next to the reservoir/lake. I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys boating to head there.
Arches - Absolutely awesome place! Amazing! You go to Arches thinking you'd see arches, right? Well, it's way more than that. In fact, the arches were neat, but I think the rest of the landscape was just as kewl, if not better. And of course, being on the bike makes it just that much better - all these twisty turny roads, with great views in every direction - the scenery changes with every bend in the road. This is fab!
Tomorrow we're heading to Canyonland National Park, and hopefully we'll get to drive thru Monument Valley before resting our eyes in a little town called Bluff, in the southeast corner of Utah.
Oh, and for those who are concerned with our typical riding clothing - we've had our helmets on 99% of the time!!!
Sunday, September 04, 2005
Blue Mesa Reservoir & Arches National Park
Posted by
Marcia
at
11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow!!!! The pictures are great.
Still mid-70's and sunny here. Possibility of rain on Wednesday, then dry,dry, dry. Do you think Wisconsin could sprout some of those rock formations??
Ahem - good news about the helmets...
Yo! I am enjoying your blog and look forward to your next set of photos. GREAT to see you in Colorado - wish you could have stayed longer! Please take tons of photos in Idaho! Cody and Mason say hi.
I'm soooooo happy you are wearing your helmets! I'm living proof that they really do work!
ok, thanks all for the compliments on the photos. When you take lots and lots, you're bound to get at least a couple that turn out!!
Carrie - we have a pretty good variety of lodgings reserved. No camping for us. Various lodging types include: family (Tim), friends, chain hotels, little local hotels, bed and breakfasts, cabins, and a teepee!! The teepee (wood floor and electric blankets) is in the Sawtooth Mtns in Idaho, where the low temps are in the 20s. Gonna be cold that next morning on the bike!!
Well, Mom, today was hot, hot, hot. St George was up around 100. And I don't care, dry heat or not, it's still hot!! I really don't remember much from the family trips - the last time I came out west I think I was 12. Anyway, so glad to see you here - you rawk, mom!!
Tim - taking tons of pics everywhere!!
Post a Comment