I've said it before (in '05) and I'll say it again - I love, love, love the Sawtooth Mountains!
When Greg and I discussed this trip, his big thing was to ride the Pacific Coast Highway. The big thing for me was to come back to the Sawtooths. So now we've done both.
And of course, I had to put our home in a place where we could see the beautiful Sawtooth Mtns. We were looking for a place to boondock (park/camp at a place that isn't a campground), known by forest/park folks as dispersed camping. The Forest folks didn't really help us that much, and we were heading towards a state campground, and voila, the forest road we were on had several little roads coming off of it with other campers in there. So we found a spot with a fire ring (supposedly that's the clue that it's ok to camp there), and a view of the mountains. So we have a FREE spot with a fab view - how can it get better?!
oh, and if some of you are saying "what about hookups - electric, water, etc?" - bah humbug. Who needs 'em?! We're self-contained, plenty of water for showers/toilet/etc., lights work on battery power, propane runs the heater (it's around 40 at night) and the stove/oven. Electric is only really used for the microwave, tv and to plug things in (coffee maker, toaster, charging electronics). If we really feel the need for something like that, we just turn on our generator and do what we need to do - but we seldom do that. And tv? - not! - I haven't watched it once since we hit the road!
We've got the fire ring - might as well use it, right?
Saturday, July 11, 2009
the sawtooths
Posted by
Marcia
at
9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah, can I join you for the smores ?
:)
Post a Comment