Sunday, July 05, 2009

glacier n.p.

One of the gems of the U.S. National Park System - Glacier N.P. Wow! It is stunning! It was also quite busy, this week of July 4th. Although we toured there on Wed the 1st, there were tons of people/cars there. I was talking to someone who said that most folks in this region take their vacations over July 4th week - if they wait until August, wildfires are prevalent, thus it's more smoky/hazy. That is something I would never have thought about, being from the Midwest where wildfires are so rare.

Anyway, I had a really hard time picking out what I consider to be "the best of the best" photos from this ride. I hope you enjoy your armchair tour!



For size perspective on this waterfall, look for the cars on the road to the right of the falls. Oh, and what looks like the top half of the falls is actually snow.


If you have problems driving right next to big drop-offs, Going to the Sun Road is definitely not the road to be on!

5 comments:

Ernie & Pat said...

just amazing I enjoy all of your photos
Greeting from home miss you guys

Pat and Ernie

Unknown said...

Stunning! You so lucky to be able to enjoy such amazing views!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

The pictures are beautiful, so are you going to make it to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone? As soon as you get home we will have to play some cards.

Carol Fox

Maria said...

Hi Marcia! Glacier NP is one of my favorite NPs. We were there in 2005 and I would love to go back sometime soon. Thanks for sharing your photos!

We'll be camping in Grand Teton NP starting this Saturday night (7/11-7/15) Any chance you'll be there or in Yellowstone NP then? We're planning to go up to the Old Faithful area one day. Let me know if you'll be around - maybe we can meet up!

Maria (hansellm@comcast.net)

Anonymous said...

these photos are amazing !
What a book of memories you have already!
We miss you guys
Art & Pat