Tuesday, July 21, 2009

lovin' Utah

Gotta say it again - I LOVE Utah! It is gorgeous - as soon as you start thinking "ok, this isn't very exciting" you turn a corner and it's amazing again!

But dang, it's so stinking hot here right now. Up in the 100s. Yeah, yeah, it's a dry heat. That don't mean jack sh** to me - it's still scorching! LOL

I love the chocolate and caramel colors in this photo - it really isn't common.

Cedar Breaks National Monument reminded us a lot of Bryce Canyon, which makes sense, as they aren't too far apart. Big deep canyons, beautiful reds and peaches and browns and greys, and hoodoos to boot.

Hmm... for those of you who don't know what hoodoos are... they're tall thin spires of rock, I guess you'd say. The rock formation on the left side of this photo would be a hoodoo. Oh, and this picture is from Bryce Canyon. However, this year we didn't go deep into the park, we just didn't have time. Well, ok, I didn't want to MAKE the time - due to...

Yep, that's a rainsuit. Yep, we got rained on. Yep, we only had our half helmets on. But it could have been worse - it was absolutely pouring in locations around us, even with lightning, but somehow our path wound through some of the non-rain and light rain areas.

Capitol Reef is another cool National Park. Lots of red rock, plus other colors too! Love the lines and the strata in the red rock there. Both of these next two photos are from there.


Yes, I'm still photographing the occasional flower. I thought these two were both quite pretty!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the flower pictures!
we are wondering if there are guard rails on the roads in the mountains?
Love your pictures!!!!
Art & Pat

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are Indian Paint Brush and Beardtongue :-)
Tom & Donna