We had to head to Lake Tahoe while here in CA of course. We had heard how pretty it is, etc. And yep - we heard right. A lot of the shoreline is built up, small villages, homes, etc. However there are a few sections that are still undeveloped tho - yay! These are just a few photos of the beautiful mountain-ringed lake.
I've always been intrigued by the pioneers, those who headed west, walking for thousands of miles, looking for a better life. And this particular incident really impacted me - how sad, tragic. Can you imagine going through what they did?! Many of them had gone mad. Newspapers printed articles blaming the travelers of bad conduct. wtf?!
Anyway, since we were so close to the area, we drove up the pass...
Anyway, since we were so close to the area, we drove up the pass...

2 comments:
I SOOO miss Tahoe. Used to drive up on w/e when I lived in Sacramento. Loved the skiing there.
just breathtaking beauty!
Post a Comment