Monday, June 01, 2009

what happened to that California sunshine?

This picture shows how I feel sometimes, sitting on the back of the bike... kind of like everything's zipping by me too quickly. LOL

Along the CA coastline, it seems to be foggy most of the time. Or at least it has been while we've been here. If you're coming from inland, as soon as you pass over that last mountain range, you see the blanket of fog. And of course it's also colder by the ocean - I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons for that. But it's still beautiful - in fact, the fog can make things look more interesting!

If you look closely at the row of houses along the cliff, you'll notice that at least two are missing. We think they slid/crashed into the ocean. There is one house next to them that was empty and had a condemned sign on it. The rest are still occupied. Would you want to continue living right on the coastline when there is a possibility that your house could go next? Not me!!
We rode through (across) Napa Valley one last time. I'm sure Greg's sad to be leaving the area. He keeps asking about doing more wine tastings, but that's a no-go on the bike. Although there are more wine areas further north, in California, Oregon and Washington too. Hmmm.... maybe we can stop at a couple while in the RV?

1 comment:

Your Hubby said...

OK dear - I'll stop whining about no more winery tastings (for a while).