Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Californication

After a brief layover in Vegas, during which we did absolutely no gambling, almost no sight-seeing, but num, lots of eating...

We headed into California. Death Valley is one of those places I have really wanted to see. I just thought it would be cool to go to the lowest place in North America, and of course the name draws the imagination too!

We were in the R.V., thus I have a sad lack of photos. You know... photos just don't look the same taken thru bug-encrusted windows that show every reflection! Here is one from a stop - just love the colors, they were beautiful rich colors, carmel and deep chocolate, etc.

And of course, we had to stop and take photos at the lowest point in N.A.

If you see the little red arrow in the photo below, I put that there. To the right of that arrow is a sign that simply states "sea level." It gives a person a bit of a different perspective, to realize that they are driving and standing and walking and breathing UNDER sea level. Weird!! LOL

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Pretty! Now you guys just need a 4x4, lol.

Unknown said...

What an amazing adventure! I am so jealous! But in a good way :)

Bobi Hembd said...

Marcia and Greg,
I hope your having the time of your life.
NO pictures from Vegas. Must have been borning place LOl
Miss you and I agree with carrie you just need a 4 wheeler and you guys can go places that motorcylce can't go. Have a great time and I am still jealous too but am happy for you two
Bobi

Timmie said...

Hmmm. . . no pics from Vegas. Does that mean what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas???

emily said...

Sounds like the trip is going great! Love seeing all the pics you're posting. Keep the updates coming.