Friday, April 24, 2009

Trinity Site

For those of you new to my blog, fyi - this isn't just for our current trip. I've been doing this for almost 4 years now. It isn't just pictures and brief descriptions of where we've been, etc. Sometimes I start rambling on about something that intrigues me...

While we were riding down to White Sands, we were near Trinity Site. That is what they now call the area where they exploded the first nuclear bomb. I would have loved to have gone to the site, but it's only open two days a year. wtf?! The bomb had a major impact on world history; shouldn't the site be open for visitors?!

1 comment:

Bobi Hembd said...

Marcia you are not leaving enough information on here for me. I want to see more LOL. I come here once or twice a day to see what you have left. I am interested in whatever you leave her for me to catch up on you and Greg. Now i have al coming here also. ENJOY
Bobi