Monday was another fab day. Weather was fantastic, as you can see, bright and sunny, temps ranging from 55-95, depending on time of day and altitude. We enjoyed a nice length bike ride, 419 miles through Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park and other scenic roads in the area. These are just a few of the pictures I took along the road...
We stopped for lunch before entering BBNP, as there is only one restaurant in the park. This was just the cutest place, and the BBQ was nummy. Good smoke flavor.
I kept seeing hints of Canyonlands NP, the Badlands, Arches NP, Capitol Reef NP and even Monument Valley. But then the landscape would remind me - "hey, this is Texas. Everything's bigger in Texas."
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
wide open spaces
Posted by
Marcia
at
10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so envious of you two. Have a great time. Looks wonderful Keep in touch. SOrry about the boys. I know it is sad but atleast you won't have to worry that when your off on the bike that they will be alone and hot or worrying about them.
Do you have internet access. This is the first I have gotten to our site since you left Email me if you can. love ya Miss hearing from you. Bobi
Post a Comment