at MOA. yep, fun times indeed. Scrapfest is so much fun.
This year Bobi, Dawn and I did some Make n Takes on Friday while Carrie was in class. I usually don't do MnTs (small free projects where we play with vendor products and tools) because the lines are always so long at each and every vendor booth... but it was nice and relaxing and fun, hanging with the girls, chatting - it didn't even seem like we were waiting to do something. We made numerous cards, a couple mini books and a full size layout. As usual, I gawked at Tim Holtz for while - I adore watching him while he does show and tell - the man is so super talented - it seems like total second nature for him to create beautiful cool items.
I had three classes on Saturday - so it was another leisurely day. I've been too pressed for time at previous Scrapfests, so I opted to slow it down this year. The only class project I finished (being slow with my finger injuries) was my Tim Holtz class - a cool framed mirror that we decorated as travel themed. My other two classes are super cute projects that I just couldn't keep up with. One class was with Me And My Big Ideas - omg, MAMBI was so very generous with product!! And that is very smart for a vendor, because scrapbookers love to play, and if we love what we play with we buy more. And of course we tell our scrapper friends about the cool product we played with, and how generous xyz company is, and then they go buy from that vendor. So it is a total win-win for vendors to be generous with their product giveaways.
We four girls opted to only attend one evening crop this year, so we... um... had a few beverages Thursday and Friday nights at the Cantina. hehehe 'Twas fun, even tho the music sucked. We enjoyed a fab dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. And then after we finished dining, one of the workers told us about the eel in one of the fish tanks. Whoa - this was cool. He told us that the eel comes out of his hiding spot only once a day, at 9pm, and he does two laps around the tank and goes back into hiding. It was 8:52, so we decided to wait. At 8:58, the FOUR FOOT eel came out and did his two laps. Cool - talk about creatures of habit! lol So we thanked the worker guy for the info, and he talked to us at length about some of the fish and the tanks and stuff... very neat and very interesting!!
So then on Saturday night we went to a crop sponsored by Little Yellow Bicycle at the Roseville Archivers. LYB gave us each a packet of stuff to make 3 cute projects - it was their brand new Christmas line - sweet! Then they gave us each a cool rockin' tote bag with more Christmas stuff, plus their new Halloween line and a little of one of their current lines. And they had lots of prize giveaways too! We were super pleased with the quality and quantity of their freebies - LOVE IT! :-) And then the Roseville Archivers was generous too - everyone received a bag of goodies, some older stuff, some more current stuff, but definitely good overall packages. Plus they had a grand prize giveaway at the end - and CARRIE won it! woohoo! We think we definitely got our money's worth from going to that crop - always a good feeling. And I am now totally in love with LYB product - I can't wait to see their next lines - hoping they are more generic in the future, as I don't generally scrap holidays.
So now hopefully in the next couple days I'll take and post pictures of my MnTs and finished class project... and also soon finish up the two other class projects!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
fun times
Posted by
Marcia
at
12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you gals had one great time. So, what'd Carrie win?
If it's the same as the one we got, isn't the LYB tote awesome? We made a Halloween acrylic mini album at CKU. Very fun and lots of great stuff in it. I also won several sheets of their Vita Bella line (I think that's the one). Gorgeous!
Good sum up of the w/e! Was a good time once again! :)
Post a Comment