Friday, October 02, 2009

what a week...

I gave up waiting for my company to find a client for me, and have started seeking out a job on my own. I really hate this stuff... resumes, cover letters... and I haven't even started interviewing yet! I have spent SO many hours redoing my resume over and over, and then my basic cover letter. And then of course I need to modify them at least a bit for each company I apply to. Once I got the basics done I was thinking it was going to get easier. bwahahahaha Most companies have you apply online, which means filling out their website's online form. Even when I can upload my resume, most of the time their system does funky stuff with the formatting, so I have to go through and fix all that. So THAT is actually way more time consuming that customizing the documents.

But one good thing has come of this job search.

I decided to finally join LinkedIn. That's a website that's more or less for networking. Then I decided I might as well join Facebook too. omg, unbelievable! I have been in contact with folks I haven't seen or talked to since HIGH SCHOOL! It is so rockin' cool!

No comments: