I decided kind of last minute to join another online scrap class. This one is with my fave scrap "celebrity" Cathy Zielske. She has the Clean and Simple style, usually quite linear, that I love. It's a 3 month class called Design Your Life, a study of graphic design as it applies to scrapbooking. woohoo!! Since I started a bit late, I am already behind... and it's a pretty intensive class, so I'm going to have to work hard and lots to keep up.
Our first lesson was on symmetry. Basically easy, mirror image top to bottom or side to side, right? Well, yes and no. The foundation can be symmetrical, but you can use different things in those spaces, and it still works. Cool stuff.
Anyway, this is my LO for assignment 1. See how the journaling box is opposite a photo? - since it still occupies approx the same space, it is still considered symmetrical. And things like titles and embellishment don't change the foundation either.
CZ gave us a sketch that we were to follow. I'm not used to using large photos - I love how it looks, but that means preplanning pages so I know what size to print which picture. And THAT ain't gonna happen. lol I just print all my pictures 4x6 and work it out. (hehe - that's in my best Tim Gunn imitation - Project Runway for those who don't watch it) So anyway, I just printed this big boy at home - woohoo for inkjet printers!
The journaling reads: Of all the pictures I took on a swamp tour, my favorite is the one with a splash of color among the greens and blues. Using an artsy filter made it even more interesting... way better than a big ol' ugly alligator!
Friday, October 10, 2008
starting a new class
Posted by
Marcia
at
12:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whohoo on the CZ class. And the assignment looks great! I love using enlargements on LOs. The photo you picked is wonderful.
Cool on CZ class! Love your layout! I hope you and Carrie will keep me motivated. I am already behind :)
Really cool layout! Love it! And woo hoo for joining in!
Post a Comment