Wednesday, June 18, 2008

quik update

The healing process seems to have slowed down. I wonder if wounds heal exponentially? If wound A is 3 times worse than wound B, it doesn't take just 3 times longer to heal, but much more than that?...

Anyway, Greg has (or is getting) another contract with the same company he's been working at (as a contractor) for almost four years. He started back to work yesterday. So yay! we don't have to worry about him being out of work for an extended period. He had the staples in his elbow taken out on Monday - both he and the doctor questioned why staples were used rather than stitches.

I'm still at home. I'm learning to cope with my injuries, while of course looking forward to improvement - which I am seeing, albeit a little slower than I would like. My left fingers need to have some major healing quickly - doc says she may want me to go to a specialist to have debridement performed. The little I know about debridement comes from movies/shows about burn victims - and the process is always shown as very painful. I'm sure that it wouldn't be that bad for me, since it isn't a large area of skin, but still - just the thought makes me nervous. On the other hand, I'm sure those wounds would heal a lot quicker without old, dead skin adhered to them.

Anyway, this has just taken "forever" to type, without use of all my fingers.... so I'll sign off for the time being.

ps - how about some good news? - G and I are going to salvage a week of vacation, fly to Vancouver, rent a car, spend a couple days there, then drive to Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise. woohoo!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JESUS, Martha Belle!!! Your wounds are hideous! YUK YUK YUK...Man it must have hurt like H E double...You are SOOOOOO LUCKY!!!!!
Some one was watching over you, however, NEXT TIME you may not be so fortunate. WEAR A HELMET FOR GODS SAKE!! pretty please.....???
Much Love From Your FAVORITE Sister,
Gini