Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March 2nd

March 2nd should be a lovely day, shouldn’t it? First off – it’s my birthday. Although I really don’t “celebrate” at all; I’m just getting older. Ok... I'm getting better too. LOL And secondly – it’s the beginning of March, and should be the beginning of warmer weather.

HA! Not this year. I woke up to this:


We measured 11 inches of snow at 9am, and it was still coming down strong.


I took a couple more pictures mid-afternoon, as it still pounded us, averaging an inch of snow an hour.


Mitchell Airport (just up the road) claimed a total of 14.4 inches for the day, and I’m guessing we were about the same. It broke the prior March 2nd record which was 9.4 inches! Now the weird thing – this snowstorm was very localized. It was lake effect snow, but in a larger quantity than typical. A few miles away from the lake there was no snow, or maybe just a dusting. North of downtown had no snow either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's amazing! We didn't get any snow yesterday. It's not like I am complaining LOL Hope you had a nice day despite the snow :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a day! It's hard to believe that was going on while we had nothing out here! Like Maya said, not complaining!