Saturday, November 01, 2008

blog followers

in general...

Something cool that blogger added a few months ago - it is possible to become a "follower" of someone else's blog. The absolutely best reason to me for this - blogger creates a Reading List of all the blogs that I follow - and any updates to any of those blogs are listed in my dashboard (look in the top right corner of your blogger Manage Posts screen when you're logged in). So I no longer have to go to every single blog I like to see if there were updates. I just goto my dashboard screen and see the list of who updated when, and I can click on a link right there to goto the new update.

For more info, see the blogger pages on Followers and on Reading List. This rocks!

I have to hand it to blogger. When I started using their service in 2005, it was very UN-user friendly. Adding a picture at the top or sidebar was tough - I literally had to learn to do it in html. Making any change was very manual, including things as minor as adding another item to a list in a sidebar, or even having something in the sidebar - again had to do it in html. UG horrible!! But now... omg... now it has become super easy to do these things. And I'm really loving this new feature.

yes, it's all about the small things in life. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! I put all my blogs that I want to read daily in my Google Reader on my iGoogle page.