Friday, April 25, 2008

what up??

quick notes on this week in the life of marcia...

We're still talking about getting a new car for me. Honda Civic is still my top choice, but there are a few more I want to look at. I test drove a Civic EX and a Ford Escape. Neither dealership had a hybrid onsite - I really need to drive a hybrid, see if it'll have enuf juice for lead foot me. :-)

We've talked a bit more about our summer bike trip. The dates have changed a little due to work constraints. But no matter. It'll be so good to get away from work, home, all things "normal." Out on the road, with little to do but admire the scenery, life becomes more calm, laid back. Greg and I travel so well together that worries of everyday life just float away.

I went to a Brewers game Wed night with some work folks. Me and a few of the guys ended up finishing our beer after the game, then we stopped at a couple bars. I have no idea what time I got home. I was not feeling the best yesterday, lol, one of the guys didn't even come in! Guess that downing shots does that.

This weekend is a Mensa event that I'm totally looking forward to. It'll be the first event I'm going to also. It's a regional event, with an interesting variety of programs and activities. For example, tonight's activities include : 1) an officer talking about crime scenes and Forensics, 2) Shakespeare's influence in the 21st century, 3) storytelling about life in the Blue Ridge Mtns, complete with playing the bone, 4) the good/bad about humor and comedy, 5) games and 6) Mensa Bowl. I'm not sure what Mensa Bowl is, thinking it's trivia-based. Anyway, the event continues Sat and Sun with more interesting topics and events.

G will be away Sat/Sun - there are some bike club fundraisers near Wausau, and a large group of our biker friends make an annual trip of the weekend. I wish both events weren't this same weekend, cuz I'd enjoy this little trip as well.

And what may be the best news: I will be rolling off this client at the end of May / beginning of June. woohoo!! 3 years at one client doing account reconciliations (which I don't like to do anyway!) is way more than enuf torture. I will totally miss the folks here, they're a great group, fun, nice, etc. But I didn't join a consulting/contracting company to work at any one company long term. I need to move on, get a new challenge, use some of my potential.

No comments: