Sunday, March 23, 2008

Scrapz

Cute name for a scrapbook, isn't it? I used it for a recent project, an album about myself, so "Scrapz of Me." Here are some of the layouts in the album... and if you notice that some look familiar, there is a reason. These are layouts I did for my Outlaw cj group, but some were modified enough that I thought I'd put the new, not necessarily improved, version out for viewing.

fyi - the ribbon you're seeing along the top is from a layout inside. Nice that the colors just happened to match the front of the album too!

The right side explains about the album, and has a list of layouts.

I added crystal flourishes to the favorite jewelry layout, thinking it tied nicely to the diamonds in the ring.

This one I basically flipped upside down... instead of the arrow on bottom and items on top, I switched it, because I thought the original way looked kind of top heavy.

This one I didn't have the same paper for the background, so I used a similar color and added felt flowers.

And this one I don't see that I ever showed off on my blog!


I also put together a Book of Me from the layouts I did for the CKU-Chicago dorm cj group, and here are the "bones" of that album:

Cover - lovin' the bling and the glitter and the flourishes and the ribbon!

Explanation of the album.

List of layouts and dormie who requested each topic.


And last but not least, I thought I'd show off my studio, as it is currently. I've added a little storage, moved stuff around a little, since my last photos. And yes you see Henry (kitty) in the chair in this first photo, and Alex on the floor in the 2nd.


The drawer units closest to the window hold arrows, flourishes and flowers of all sorts. The little drawers in the shelf area under my stand-up counter hold embellishments sorted by color. That shelf also holds my floss boxes with lots and lots of fiber, metal alphas, inkpads, eyelets and brads, photos to work on. The big drawer units underneath hold themed embellies, mini albums, chipboard, Tim Holtz products, punches, acrylic stamps, adhesives, etc. Oh, and the rotating thing that Alex is in front of holds all my alpha stickers and rub-ons.

The closet holds lots of trip albums, finished and unfinished projects, some cd's, and my fave stuff: paper. Lots of paper!! Pretty paper!! lol I had the hardest time figuring out how to organize my patterned paper, and finally decided to do it by style (clean vs shabby), then by color combo within style. I want to do some cleaning in the closet - box up most of the stuff in the bins on the bottom and move it downstairs. That would give me room to just spread my stuff out, so it isn't so crowded together. All in all, I still LOVE my studio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Album covers look very cool! Studio looks great! So clean - now what's next to mess it up? lol