The latest twopeas blog challenge:
Challenge:
Think Christmas.
Think about your Christmas tree, if you have one.
How do you decorate it? what do you use????
Well, I used to have two trees. One was all gold/white/clear ornaments with little white lights. The other had multi-colored lights and all the "other" ornaments. Well, two trees became too much work for me!
Now I have one tree. And yes, it's fake. After years of saying it had to be real, DH finally got tired of falling needles, etc. I put tons of little white lights on it, mostly buried in the tree to give depth.
Then lots of ornaments. Some of the ornaments are the gold/white/clear ornaments. Some are home made. And many have been collected throughout the years - every year I give DH an ornament as part of his Christmas present. His ornament can be from a place we travelled to that year, it can represent a place we travelled to, it can be about some other activity from that year, or sometimes it's just something cute that I think he'd like. He sometimes gives me an ornament, and sometimes his folks give one or both of us an ornament. So one thing I enjoy about decorating our tree is pulling out those ornaments and remembering what each ornament is about. I try to always label each gift ornament with to: from: and date - some day my memory won't be quite so good!!
Anyway, I then add just a little bit of tinsel, enough to get some reflection from the white lights, but not enough to hide our cool ornaments. And our tree topper - right now we have a Santa. We had a star at one time, but it didn't work well. I would like to get a different topper - one that lights up (our Santa doesn't).
This year will be tough for our tree. If I put one up, it will be the first time with our new kitties. They came to live with us after New Years last year, so they haven't had the pleasure of playing in a Christmas tree yet. Our last Cat was great - he never touched anything on the tree. So this will definitely be interesting - my babies are still young enough that they like to play with and chew anything and everything, and they are really really curious about everything too.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
thinking about Christmas already??
Posted by
Marcia
at
12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment